- Did you start agility by taking classes? What were they like and how long was it before your dog started showing confidence on the obstacles?
- IF YOU DIDN’T TAKE CLASSES: How did you train your dog for agility?
- What was your dog’s worst obstacle when s/he first started? What did s/he do?
- What was your first competition like? Do you remember your 1st time? Was your dog as confident at the competition as s/he was in training?
- How long before you knew your dog was competition ready? What behaviors were you looking for?
- What do you find most rewarding about agility? What do you find is most demanding?
- Has your dog ever sustained any injuries from agility? What were they and how were they treated?
- Have you won a title? What title was it and what was your time, class, and jump height?
- Do you find agility is easier with older or younger dogs? smaller or larger dogs? Do you have any breed preference? What makes them better?
- Why did you start agility? What sparked your interest in Dog Sport?
Continue reading “Woofing It: Interview Questions”
My GoPro came in last week and I immediately strapped it onto Belle. Just for the record: She hates the GoPro Fetch harness. But she’s getting more used to it each time I put it on her. I almost always have Belle on a leash so I mount the camera on her front so that it’s not constantly getting smacked by the leash. Without further ado: I give you Belle-O-Vision (BTV) Continue reading Who’s Ready for Some Belle-O-Vision!?
Just a funny side note: No one asked me why I was recording/taking pictures of class until I put a GoPro on Belle.
But now that everyone knows, people have been staying out of my camera shots! Hooray!
On to class:
We started with a low jump. Normally, Belle goes over these fine. I mean, she hesitates some but it’s not like she’s terrified to jump over anything… or on anything… or anyone… but she wouldn’t go over the jump at the beginning of class. As it turns out, someone had to poop. Continue reading “Our 4th Class and Vlog #8”
At the end of this semester I must present all the research I am doing. I’ve been meditating on that since I’ve involved so much media in my project. If I start recording some video diary entries now, I could do a lengthy vlogumentary, but I’m not sure how I would query that. I also thought about making a picture book. I mean, I have so many pictures I’m sure I could just sue those and some Photoshop filters in order to make it all look like sketches, or I could color-pop Belle and I out… But would I make it a … Continue reading Some Ideas for Presenting My Research
Wow, Vlog #6? I don’t believe myself. I must be lying. I think the third class is a great time to reflect on what I’ve learned so far.
- Bring poop baggies. Belle likes to start class that way.
- One bag of treats is not enough.
- I must work with her everyday in order to see results.
- Don’t tell Belle “no” when she messes up.
- Be more energetic when training her.
The first two things might sound funny, but I’m tired of cleaning up after Belle even though I take her outside before class starts, and she eats a lot of treats. Continue reading “The 3rd Class and Vlog #6”