The title says it all. It also contributes to the fact that I’m a search result if you google “excitey pants.” Gotta keep that up. On Monday, I went to NYC for my interview at HarperCollins! I think it went really well and I’m confident that I’m an excellent choice for the position (Won’t that feeling blow up in my face if I don’t get it). Everything they described the position as it pretty much what I do at Round Robin. I code, I write, I design, and I coordinate the efforts of nine writers. So cross your fingers everyone. … Continue reading Excitey Pants!
I am super excitey pants right now! Don’t forget-I’m a google result for excitey pants, so I have to use that as often as possible. It’s my claim to fame!
But go ahead and ask me why I’m excited.
Jessica, we can totally see the title of this post. You have an interview on Monday. Continue reading “Big Interview on Monday!”
When did you get in to agility and what interested you? What brought you to it?
Ok, I’ve been doing agility for about 21 years. What happened was, I had gotten this dog because I wanted an obedience trial champion and also I wanted to go into the breed ring with him–but he was very young–and very interested in all of the female dogs and he wasn’t paying attention to me.
Agility was very new at that time, so I decided I’d take up agility until he grew up a little bit–and I got hooked. Continue reading “Interview: Sally Gichner (agility instructor)”
- Did you start agility by taking classes? What were they like and how long was it before your dog started showing confidence on the obstacles?
- IF YOU DIDN’T TAKE CLASSES: How did you train your dog for agility?
- What was your dog’s worst obstacle when s/he first started? What did s/he do?
- What was your first competition like? Do you remember your 1st time? Was your dog as confident at the competition as s/he was in training?
- How long before you knew your dog was competition ready? What behaviors were you looking for?
- What do you find most rewarding about agility? What do you find is most demanding?
- Has your dog ever sustained any injuries from agility? What were they and how were they treated?
- Have you won a title? What title was it and what was your time, class, and jump height?
- Do you find agility is easier with older or younger dogs? smaller or larger dogs? Do you have any breed preference? What makes them better?
- Why did you start agility? What sparked your interest in Dog Sport?