Next Month’s …
- YA Releases
- Kidlit Realeases
- By Genre (fantasy, sci fi, memoir, contemporary)
Best of the Season/Year
Probably best at the change of seasons and the end of the year. What books would we all add to this list?
If you loved BLA then you’ll love BLA. We could also adapt these to TV shows.
Read the same book as another blogger and then post your discussion!
Your Take on an Adaptation
Shadowhunters blows. But I hated the books too. A blog post by Jess. But in all seriousness, follow an adpatation, movie or TV and write up your thoughts. Are you livid? Are you pleased? Is the direction they’re taking a good one?
How would you accurately cast upcoming YA adaptations? Or-how would you cast an adaptiation that hasn’t been though of yet?
*Book Club Post*
Best at the beginning of the month, make up discussion questions and analysis of the book.
Book Recs for…
- Fictional Characters
- Tie in to pop culture when poossible
*A Reading Hack*
What’s a way to make reading easier? Maybe impromptu book marks post. Some times joking. Sometimes how to prioritize your TBR or clean up your shelves.
*Resource/Round Up Post*
A list of links. Pick some categories and go for it.
The Best Books You Don’t Own/Never Read
Any books you’re head over heels for that you’ve never picked up? Or that you borrowed from someone and refused to give back?
Draw some bad pictures or find some some aesthetics online and post a collage and ask readers to guess which book you’re talking about! Or make an ambiguous list about the book.
Could use this as a giveaway post!
A post tied to a holiday. Duh.
Recipes inspired by books.
Create a soundtrack for a book. Make a Spotify account a post the playlist!
Books You’ve Been Ashamed to Read
We all have a guilty pleasure. Maybe it’s watching Shadowhunters, maybe it’s crafting mysteries (I shit you knot, they exist).
For example: I dog ear pages. I am a monster.
For other example: I don’t like X-popular-series
We really should make one.
What have you learned by reviewing?
As reviewers, we look for different things in books. And as writers we add to that. How does blogging about books add to your expertise?
Let’s host a seasonal read-a-thon. Or monthly. It could be a weekend at the end of the month-everybody read for 24 hours straight. Or watch a full series adaptation.
*Epic Numbered List*
50-100 itemed list. You’re top 100 books. Pet peeves in fiction.
Your Year in Reading
Create an infographic representing what you’ve read in teh last year. How much in which genre? Number of pages? We could do one collectively.
Book Spine Poetry
#ARCstravaganza is a weekly meme hosted by YA and Wine to give book bloggers/bookstagrammers a chance to show off their ARCs/eARCs that they are most excited about! Remember to comment on their weekly posts with a link to your own #ARCstravaganza blog post, or post a picture on Instagram using the #ARCstravaganza hashtag, and you will be entered to win an ARC copy of an upcoming YA novel! One winner will be chosen at random each month.
The Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag
- 1 – The best book you’ve read so far in 2017
- 2 – Your favorite sequel of the year
- 3 – A new release that you haven’t read but really want to
- 4 – Most anticipated release for the second half of the year
- 5 – Your biggest disappointment
- 6 – Biggest surprise of the year
- 7 – Favourite new to you or debut author
- 8 – Your new fictional crush
- 9 – New favourite character
- 10 – A book that made you cry
- 11 – A comic book that made you happy
- 12 – Your favourite book to movie adaptation that you’ve seen this year
- 13 – Favourite book post you’ve done this year
- 14 – The most beautiful book you have bought/received this year
- 15 – What are some books you need to read by the end of the year
- THE ULTIMATE VACATION BOOK TAG
- Answer the questions
- Tag 5 bloggers
- Link back to brookiecowles.com (the creator of the tag) in your post
- It’s the dead of winter and you are escaping to a tropical location. Hours in the sun with a book are on your “to-do” list. What book do you bring with you?
- You see the first signs of spring and your heart beats faster with the thought of warmer days. You are escaping for a nice cruise to herald in the warm weather. What book do you bring to accompany you on the decks of the ship?
- Summer has arrived! You spend your weekends camping in the mountains. Fresh air, trees, animals, and campfires keep you company on your outing. What book do you bring to read next to the sound of the flowing creek?
- Fall is approaching. Nothing makes your happier than crunchy leaves turning red and orange and purple. You bring a book to the local park to read on a bench under the whispering trees. What book do you read?
- Christmas is in the air. Lights, and carolers, and shopping. You want to curl up next to the fireplace with a good book that reminds you of comfort. What do you curl up with?
- Winter lasts sooooo long. You need something to remind you that the sun will come out again. What book to you read to take you away on the vacation you wish you were going on?
Burn, Re-Write, Re-Read
Pick three books (use the random setting on your goodreads shelf) and pick one to burn, one to fix, and one to re-live.
You’re Not Good Enough
This tag was created by ReadLikeWildfire and Beccathebookreviewer. Write down 30 character names on pieces of paper, put them in a bowl/cup/jar/black hole, and then choose two at random for every question. Your job after you’ve picked your two champions, is to decide which one of them fits the question/situation, and which one isn’t “good enough”.
- You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
- Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
- You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette an you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
- You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
- You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
- You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
- You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
- You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
- Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
- The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
- You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would most likely be?
- Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
- Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
- You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
- You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by..who?!
Aesthetically Pleasing Book Tag
This tag was created by Book Syrup on Youtube, and you can find the original video here.
- Best color combo on a book cover
- Best typography/font on a book cover
- Best simple cover
- Best endpages
- Best map
- Best naked hardback
- Best back cover
- Best chapter headers
- Best illustrations
- Best spine
- Favorite cover on your shelves
- Caramel Apples: This book was deep, meaningful, won a lot of awards… but my god did you hate it.
- Milk Chocolate: This book is one that EVERYONE should read.
- Black Jelly Beans: Why does this book even exist? It was beyond terrible.
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries: This book had the best romance.
- Gummi Spiders: This book was so chewy-I mean spooky!
- Jumbo Lollipop: This book took you 3 years, 4 months, 5 days, and 6 hours to get through, but hey! You did it!
- Cotton Candy: Books you loved when you were a kid (or kidlit books you enjoy today!)
The Nintendo Book Tag
- NES (NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM): A CLASSIC YOU WANT TO READ
- SNES (SUPER NINTENDO): A SEQUEL YOU LIKED MORE THAN THE FIRST (CAN BE A SECOND BOOK IN A SERIES)
- NINTENDO 64: A BOOK THAT REVOLUTIONIZED THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THE WORLD
- GAMECUBE: A POPULAR BOOK THAT DID NOT GO OVER SO WELL WITH YOU
- WII: A NEW FAVORITE BOOK
- NINTENDO POWER: FAVORITE GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES OR A SERIES YOU WANT TO START
- SUPER MARIO: A CHARACTER THAT YOU’D LOVE TO SQUISH LIKE A GOOMBA
- ZELDA: A NEWER FANTASY THAT YOU CONSIDER TO BE A MODERN CLASSIC
- SAMUS–ARAN: FAVORITE SCI-FI NOVEL OR ONE YOU WANT TO READ
- POKEMON: BOOK EDITIONS THAT YOU WANT TO COLLECT
- DONKEY KONG: A BOOK WITH ORIGINAL CHARACTERS
- NINTENDO FANDOM: FAVORITE NINTENDO GAME(S) OR GAME
By Day of the Week
It’s Monday, What are you Reading?
This meme is hosted by Kathryn @ Book Date. Make sure to tag her! What did you start/finish last week? What are you getting into this week?
TOP TEN TUESDAY
Your top favorite books / covers / bookmarks / instagrams / booktubers / booklrs / memes / books in a genre / authors / adaptations / etc
WHICH COVER WEDNESDAY
Pick multiple covers for the same book and post them as a poll for followers. Hosted by Sue’s Reading Corner.
WAITING ON WEDNESDAY
What book(s) are you waiting for?
WWW Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted on Taking On A World Of Words that asks you three very important questions:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you finish reading recently?
- What do you think you’ll read next?