I realized I haven’t done a tag in way too long, so I went a digging and found this one. Here it goes!
You must be honest
You must answer all the questions
You must tag at least 4 people
1. What book has been on your shelf the longest?
Oooh… probably Harry Potter to be honest. My poor beat up old copies even have their own shelf!
2. What is your current read, your last read, and the book you’ll read next?
I am currently reading Voyage to Avalon by Julie Leung, I just finished Alaexandra Bracken’s The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding, and I will probably move into Lumberjanes next. Although, I’m not entirely sure that I won’t pick up something else.
3. What book did everyone like, but you hated?
Toooooo many to name.
4. What book do you keep telling yourself you’ll read, but you probably won’t?
The rest of Maze Runner. Seriously. I have this nice collectors edition, it’s signed, and I just keep it on my shelf.
5. What book are you saving for retirement?
6. Last page: read it first, or wait ’til the end?
Wait! Wait! Wait! Why spoil it for yourself!?
7. Acknowledgement: waste of paper and ink, or interesting aside?
Always interesting and informative. I love when author’s thank all the people involved with their work. It creates some transparency in the process for up and coming writers.
8. Which book character would you switch places with?
I read a lot of dystopian… so… none. None at all.
9. Do you have a book that reminds you of something specific in your life? (Place, time, person?)
I think there is something from every book that reminds me of a different time and place. Although, I would say that The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett definitely brought me back, full throttle, to high school. Just reading Hawthorn’s narration made me go “Well hello high school Jess, haven’t seen you in a while.”
10. Name a book that you acquired in an interesting way.
I mean… I either get them from the publisher or from bookstores… OH! OH I KNOW! I was at BookCon a few years ago and I picked up a few Dark Crystal graphic novels and my friend Maggie asked me if they were for my fiance. I replied, “Kiel? No. F*ck Kiel. These are for me.” And the seller gave them to me half off.
11. Have you ever given a book away for a special reason to a special person?
I gave my hubby to be a special copy I had of The Hobbit… but… other than that? I don’t really give books out.
12. Which book has been with you most places?
Anything on my kindle.
13. Any “required reading” you hated in high school that wasn’t so bad two years later?
14. Used or brand new?
15. Have you ever read a Dan Brown book?
16. Have you ever seen a movie you liked more than the book?
I’ve seen a TV show I like more than the book. The 100 is pretty awesome.
17. Have you ever read a book that’s made you hungry, cookbooks included?
Have you read Heartless? Because I’m pretty certain it gave me diabetes.
18. Who is the person whose book advice you’ll always take?
My good friend Magdalyn Ann and I have similar tastes…
19. Is there a book out of your comfort zone (e.g., outside your usual reading genre) that you ended up loving?
The Fault in Our Stars.