1. DO YOU GET SICK WHILE READING IN THE CAR?
No. I used to, but between traveling for sports and band, long road trips with mom, and living in an area where it’s fairly hard to walk anywhere, I got used to it. Now the only real issue is that I’m usually the one driving. But that’s why I listen to audio books!
2. WHICH AUTHOR’S WRITING STYLE IS COMPLETELY UNIQUE TO YOU AND WHY?
Um… none? I don’t mean that as an insult, I just mean that I recognize similar qualities in each book. Outside of experimental formats, not too many styles today are “unique.”
3. HARRY POTTER SERIES OR THE TWILIGHT SAGA? GIVE 3 POINTS TO DEFEND YOUR ANSWER.
- Better writing quality
- Actual description of main character
- No idealizing abusive relationships
4. DO YOU CARRY A BOOK BAG? IF SO, WHAT IS IN IT (BESIDES BOOKS)?
Normally, I have a purse or a tote bag with my wallet, my phone, headphones, chapstick, note book, and my book of pens… plus at least one book and probably some snacks.
5. DO YOU SMELL YOUR BOOKS?
6. BOOKS WITH OR WITHOUT LITTLE ILLUSTRATIONS.
Depends on the book. I like a little chapter art from time to time but outside of picture books and younger middle grade titles I don’t really need illustrations on every page.
7. WHAT BOOK DID YOU LOVE WHILE READING BUT DISCOVERED LATER IT WASN’T QUALITY WRITING?
Goosebumps. Literally all of Goosebumps. I ate those up when I was a kid, and then tried to re-read them as an adult and just shuddered.
8. WHAT IS THE THINNEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
The Loveliest Llama. It’s the picture book my fiancé wrote to propose to me.
9. WHAT IS THE THICKEST BOOK ON YOUR SHELF?
Psychically, I think King’s Cage and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, but there might be something on my kindle that’s longer.
10. WHEN DID YOU GET INTO READING?
Not until I was eleven and Harry Potter was released.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE CLASSIC BOOK?
I actually have a few
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
12. IN SCHOOL WHAT WAS YOUR BEST SUBJECT?
Math. Oddly enough.
15. IF YOU WERE GIVEN A BOOK AS A PRESENT THAT YOU HAD READ BEFORE AND HATED, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
I would say thank you and then try to use the book as a giveaway item.
16. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE WORD?
17. ARE YOU A NERD, DORK, OR DWEEB? OR ALL OF THE ABOVE?
18. VAMPIRES OR FAIRIES? WHY?
Vampires when I was 13, Faeries now that I’m all grown up. Really only because Vampires were the hot item when I was a teen and I binged on them in my books and TV and movies, so I’m a little tired of them.
19. SHAPESHIFTERS OR ANGELS? WHY?
Neither. I feel like these are also grossly overdone. At least for now.
20. AND FINALLY: FULL ON ROMANCE BOOKS OR ACTION-PACKED WITH A FEW LOVE SCENES MIXED IN?
110% Action packed.
I’m going to tag my latest followers: