Today was incredibly hectic, but at the same time it wasn’t. I had very few mailings to send out but the time I would normally spend taking care of that was spent working on making pictures for blog posts.
I couldn’t believe how little I sent out. As always, I formatted blog posts and edited the images for them. Sometimes, bloggers send images with their posts and sometimes they don’t. The images aren’t always great. For example, sometimes they send me 100x100px thumbnails and expect me to blow them up to 650px.
Obviously I look for replacement photos then.
But the biggest problem I have with images comes form book covers: for not all covers are created equal. Literally. Some are very wide, some are very tall, and although I make them the appropriate width they are often too tall and would literally take up the entire screen for the viewer.
So, today I created some images to feature these book covers that also fit into the 650px width requirement. Nothing special, but I like them. I used the cover itself as a background image and then placed the cover on top, rather than just typing out the title. I didn’t just want to feature the image on the cover but the actual cover and so I think the overlap does that well.
After that I did a lot with Netgalley, approve and denying reviewer requests. That took a lot of time. While refreshing the page I also looked up good YouTube channel practices and techniques. I’m hoping I’ll get to make some shorts at Quirk, it could be a lot of fun!
Interns gone wild.
Literally just us reading a book and drinking coffee instead of tea.
I also wrote a press release–for the first time–ever. And I didn’t completely botch that up so kudos to me.
Any whoozles! It was a busy day and very rewarding. I’m really enjoying my time at Quirk and I’m glad that I’m able to apply myself in new ways each day.